ICAO data preparation, chip encoding, PIN generation, document issuance and stock management.
Prior to document personalization, the ICAO Data Preparation receives applications and profile data, keys and certificates from multiple sources. Thereafter, data is checked and prepared according to a defined setup.
Data input and encoding separated by steps
User case: high-end personalization machines and multiple personalization bureaus
Data preparation and chip encoding in a single step
User case: various personalization machines (desktop, mid-range and high-volume)
- Fully automated data preparation solution to enable fast and easy electronic identity document production.
- Flexible functionality to adapt and configure the solution according to customer-specific requirements.
- Compatibility with third parties to permit seamless integration with an existing environment and personalization system.
- User friendly interface to provide effective management of multiple electronic identity documents or personalization profiles.
All cryptographic calculations are performed by dedicated crypto-processors built in a certified HSM appliance.
- Secure system to support centralized and highly secure management of cryptographic keys.
- Intuitive user interface to permit easy configuration, management and auditing.
- Deployment of Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) to protect sensitive objects and minimize any information loss or breach.
- Open standard architecture to enable and facilitate vendor interoperability.
The solution is based on an open architecture, supporting any chip and personalization equipment. X Infotech Chip Encoding enables chip personalization to be performed simultaneously on multiple small or large-volume personalization machines.
- Flexible infrastructure for easy system integration and configuration.
- Compatibility with third party vendors to support integration with an existing document production platform.
- Extensive facilities to encode contact and contactless chips for any type of electronic identity documents .
- Deployment of transparent inline quality control.
The flexible infrastructure permits PIN distribution and synchronization between multiple systems. The PIN management solution implements strict access control and secured communication channels for data transmission.
secret codes are generated in the head office, transferred to a remote ranch/processing centre for PIN envelope printing.
Local PIN printing
secret codes are generated on a local HSM for immediate printing.
- Secure system to provide multiple PIN and PUK value generation.
- Flexible choice for PIN printing: remote or on-site facility.
- PIN block generation and encryption, supporting the best known PIN block formats.
- Compatibility with third party vendors to support different
data preparation solutions.
The modular system offers advanced monitoring and workflow management features, supporting the entire production lifecycle – data retrieval, data preparation, quality control, stock management and distribution management. The open and module architecture permits clients to extend and configure production flow according to their specific project needs and requirements from third party systems and hardware vendors.
- Complete production management of electronic identity documents – from data import to stock management and reporting.
- Production monitoring in order to control the distribution of requests to personalization machines.
- Superior quality control for validating graphical (images, barcodes, MRZ, etc.) and electrical personalization (in line with ICAO specifications).
- Support for mag-stripe, contact and contactless chips,
third-party equipment and systems.
The system keeps a complete history of each movement between stock locations. The easy to use client interface provides the functionality to import or manually input products, customize the system, and manage customers and stock locations in compliance with strict regulations.
- Flexible configuration for stock, workflow and products via graphical user interface, without programming.
- Document production tracking in real time by product type, customer, serial number, stock location, date or any custom product attribute.
- Complete stock tracking down to actual location and status of an individual document.
- Complete document movement audit log.
The Instant Issuing solution consists of several X Infotech components, including data preparation, document personalization, cryptographic processing and chip encoding. The user-friendly interface permits operators to design and produce fully operable electronic identity documents within a few minutes, delivering maximum convenience and benefits for citizens.
- Support for contact or contactless chips, various document/card types and applications.
- Flexible architecture for easy integration within an existing infrastructure and third party hardware.
- High level of security – centralized management of cryptographic keys.
- Advanced Monitoring to generate reports at every step of the personalization process.