X Infotech, a global provider of software solutions for identity documents and multiapplication cards, announces that its software products are implemented in the Huduma Card project within the Huduma Kenya programme in Kenya. X Infotech was selected by the Government of Kenya and four local banks for its industry-proven identity management, electronic card issuance and personalization solutions.
Government of Kenya
- Within the Huduma Card project, X Infotech Biometric Enrolment solution captures biometric data of a citizen and verifies it against the information available on the National registry.
- X Infotech Card Personalization and X Infotech Process Management solutions ensure centralized and instant issuance of dual-interface cards at all banks involved — KCB bank, Equity Bank, Commercial Bank of Africa and Diamond Trust Bank.
- X Infotech also provides a centralized Payment Gateway, connecting all necessary APIs of Government-based portals and mobile applications.
- The programme is run by the Government of Kenya that aims to transform public service delivery by providing access for citizens to various public services from 12 ministries, departments and agencies via citizen service centres and integrated technology platforms.
- The Huduma Card is an innovation of its kind within the Government of Kenya. It is one of the five service delivery channels within the Huduma Kenya Programme.
- It combines an international MasterCard payment application, two local payment applications, and an identiﬁcation application with biometric authentication functionality.